My photo
An ex-convent girl,USM architecture student,ex-WKKA (architect firm)currently pursuing Master in Architecture. also a *fashionista *very outspoken * business* self-proclaimed moment photographer and photo-poet* handmade enthusiast* enthrall people with my own style and enchanting-self* ambitious* *I love blogging, scrapbooking, stamps..handmades=P *romantika *very active in society *into music and dance and poetry too *definitely demure for first meet.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Robotic Wheelchair...A companion walker?



I guess when the technology evolves this is what we get (lol though I think it has done a whole lot more damage )
This one particular wheelchair was designed by Saitama University‘s Human-Robot Interaction Center whicch programmed to automatically follow a human companion, using a built-in sensor and camera system which automatically detects the companions shoulders. The Wheelchair is also capable of avoiding obstacles, such as other oncoming humans. (source by gearfuse )

When sensors detect a crowded area, it moves behind the walking companion to avoid blocking the paths of other pedestrians. It’s hoped that this design will help ease the workload of people providing care for wheelchair users. (source by neotorama )

I think it is handy especially now the other person doesnt have to push you around..just enough by being on his or her side. But I wonder if you are on the wheelchair alone..erm you have to tag the strangers along ?

I love geek !

No comments:

My Friends and Bloggers

DONT FORGET TO LEAVE UR LINK HERE yEA!

DONT FORGET TO LEAVE UR LINK HERE  yEA!
Click Love link and Leave your footprint here =D
Related Posts with Thumbnails